I didn’t even play the lottery. I don’t have TV so I didn’t even know the lottery was going on. I read about it on Yahoo News the next day. But it got me to thinking… what if I had a million dollars? After careful consideration, here’s what I would do:
1. I would hire a maid to clean my house once a week. I hate cleaning. Hate it. I’ve been cleaning my house for 30 years and I am over it.
2. I would pay off my mortgage
3. I would put an in ground pool in my backyard and build a two car garage on to my house.
4. I would send my daughter off to a private boarding school. (Emma, if you’re reading this, I’m just kidding!)
5. I would buy myself a writing studio space away from home. Working at home is not easy. No matter what people think I do get up and get dressed. I do work all day. I don’t watch TV all day. My phone rings, my doorbell rings (dang Jehovah’s Witnesses!) and I have two elderly dogs who have grown incontinent. All this (and cleaning house) makes it hard to concentrate. I would buy myself a little space somewhere and not tell anybody where it is. Imagine how many books I could write!
6. I would buy some new shoes. I love shoes. I can’t get enough shoes.
7. I would make Saxon retire early so we could go on lots of vacations.
After that, I’d give it away to some charities.
Anyway, that’s what I would do with a million dollars. What would you do?